The red bar was reaching ever closer to the middle point of 270, until it finally crossed it, leaving the blue bar behind.Read the rest at the link.
The world ended. Nuclear missiles were launched simultaneously from Russia, China, Japan, North Korea, and Mauritius. Yes, even Mauritius. Simultaneously, a zombie virus outbreak happened in New Jersey, parts of California fell into the ocean due to a fault line collapse, and there were riots in Albuquerque. People who weren't straight, white, cisgendered, heteronormative, neurotypical, Christian men were rousted from their homes, beaten, and dragged across the Mexican border
The riots were unrelated. Albuquerque just likes to riot. We don't even send the news to report on them anymore.
Actually, none of that stuff happened....
- Internal consistency.
- External consistency.
- Dialog and dissent.
- Awareness of objections.
- Snarl words and purr words.
- Implicit bias.
- Red herrings and straw men.
- Psychological factors.
- Source's experiences, perspective, perceptions.
- Debts and favors.
- Medium is the message.
- The human voice.
- Encourage anonymous sources to go on the record.
- Judge source's reliability and disclose potential biases.
- More specificity is better.
- Do not rely on anonymous sources for sensational reports.
- Source must have first-hand knowledge.
- Do not lie to protect a source.
- What is the source's ideological orientation?
- What are the source's financial interests?
I didn't vote for Trump in the primary - I was a Cruz guy and thought Trump was a buffoon. But the voters thought otherwise. At some point I realized I needed to get over myself. I stopped asking "What's wrong with all these other idiots?" and started asking "What are they seeing that I'm not?"