2007-03-18

Let's blogroll!

Sand Gets In My Eyes has an eye-opening experience on a commercial flight:
Flying is, after all, an equal rights activity: I pay for my little part of the plane, you pay for yours, and as long as your stuff doesn’t encroach on my space or visa-versa, we’re hunky-dory.

That’s the way it should work. But these days, that’s not exactly the reality.

Case in point: My husband and I recently flew to Australia and back. It’s a grueling trip, so we upgraded to business class – more room, better meals, more choices in seating. I like the aisle since I tend to move around on long flights more than my husband does; and my husband doesn’t like the bulkhead area, so that’s the way the tickets were booked – me on the aisle, him on my immediate left and both of us several rows away from the bulkhead.

But, when we arrived at our seats, a young, fully covered Muslim woman arrogantly informed my husband that he could not sit in his assigned seat – the seat on her immediate right- because it was “against her religion” to have a strange man sit next to her! ...

Read the rest at the link.

Captain's Quarters says Israel should have listened to France, and yes, you read that correctly. Check this out:
At the start of the war between Israel and Hezbollah, France sent word through secret channels that it would support Israel in the war if Ehud Olmert attacked Syria and deposed Bashar Assad. Chirac wanted Israel to attack the root of the problem in Lebanon and eliminate Hezbollah's lines of support ...

Go to the post to find out what Michael Ledeen said.

Finally, Baron Bodissey covers the counter-protest in Washington with some great photographs. Go check it out.