2005-07-08

New in the Dreams Into Lightning Universe

Newly posted:

My father's musical horizon expands in Fiji at Pacific Memories. For those just joining us, his unpublished WWII memoir runs to a total of 14 chapters; I'm up to chapter 6 now. Dad served in the 146th Field Artillery Battalion, 37th Infantry Division in the US Army during the war.

My sister wrote some amazing work during her too-short life; much of the material she left behind was written in her teen years. At Wilderness Vision I've posted some more of her poetry, which is simply breathtaking. At the new page, Iridescence, there's a story about an old man and a cat that you won't soon forget. Stephanie entered that piece in the 1980 Scholastic competition; she wrote it when she was only 14 or 15.

I'll be away for the weekend; see you next week.