2005-04-14

Update

Posting has been light mainly because I've been hitting the gym very hard the last two weeks (trying to gain the upper hand in the battle against middle-age spread) and have been feeling pretty burned-out as a result. Will be easing up on the gym time just a little next week, and I expect my energy levels to return to normal.

I've officially dumped my old synagogue - a liberal congregation just a couple of blocks from where I live - and will be renewing ties to the Orthodox congregation in town. The rabbi at the liberal shul, whom I'll call Rabbi X, was finally too much for me. And as much as I like the people there, I couldn't escape the feeling that there were some fundamental things we just didn't share. I'll try to write a little more about this later.

Happy blogiversary to GM, alias Big Pharaoh! I'm right behind ya, dude.