2005-03-25

Update: Posting Break

There will be no new posts for a few days, for a variety of reasons. Primarily, I need to spend some time away from the computer to recharge my psychic/spiritual batteries. I do expect to return in full force before too long.

Terri Schiavo. By the time I post again, Terri Schiavo will probably be dead. A month ago, if you had said "Terri Schiavo" to me, I would have said, "Huh? Is that lady still alive?" Two weeks ago, I hadn't formed an opinion. Today, I still don't feel I know nearly enough, but I've read enough to know where I stand. Many people I respect, including some I consider good friends, are on the other side. Nothing I can possibly say right now will save Terri; and if I try to post in the state of mind I'm in, the result will probably not be helpful to the debate. So I am going to wait. But I have lots more to say.

Blogger. On a somewhat lighter note, Blogger's performance has improved considerably over the past week, so I am looking forward to a much smoother blogging experience upon my return. Good job, Blogger - keep it up.

Format. With the upcoming blogiversary of Dreams Into Lightning, I'll be thinking about putting a little structure into the blog to keep my posting at a somewhat even pace - e.g., Iran items on Mondays, "Let's Blogroll" on Tuesdays, or whatever. And yes, it's true - Dreams Into Lightning will mark its first calendar year on April 21.

Meanwhile, as always, feel free to explore my sidebar links and my "Best of" posts. I'll be back.